Published On: July 30, 2017

Brendan Merry and Partners were delighted to be involved as Project Managers and Quantity Surveyors in the Conservation and Restoration of No. 10 Mill Street and Mission Hall which was undertaken by the Creedon Group. The property has now been restored to its original splendour.

No. 10 Mill Street was built by the Brabazon family in the 1720’s and was often referred to as the Earls House. It is believed the Christian Brothers established a school on the site in 1819 and may have used the house as a residence. The Mission Hall was built in the 1890’s for the Irish Church Missions. Both buildings have significant historical importance in the Newmarket Area.

The Mission Hall has been restored with significant conservation works to the existing fabric. The restoration works which have taken over 12 months were carried out by main contractor DHD Construction under the direction of Carrig Conservation Architects and Reddy Architecture.

No. 10 Mill Street is to be renamed Brabazon House and shall become the Head Office for the Teeling Whiskey Distillery who have developed their whiskey distillery and brand in Newmarket Square.

Brendan Merry & Partners wish to congratulate everyone involved in this magnificent conservation and restoration project.

Share this article

Share this article

Follow us